Contact the team via text/call 07375754797 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Coursework, Multiple Choice Examination, Portfolio of Evidence, Practical
• Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as
studio-based fitness instructors.
• Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace,
once they have achieved.
• To train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan
and deliver safe and effective exercise classes in a health club environment.
• To develop learner’s knowledge of anatomy and physiology and how it relates to exercise and fitness.
• To develop learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective exercise to music sessions.
• To provide learners with the knowledge to develop good customer service and the personal qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry.
• To provide learners with an awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment.
• To provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further qualifications in the exercise and fitness industry.
This qualification provides progression to Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Instructing Exercise and Fitness, for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in group exercise to music instruction.
Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Pilates or Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal trainers.
Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to Level 2 qualifications in instructing Circuits, Step and Aqua.
The aim of this qualification is to train learners to a professionally competent level,
enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise classes in a
health club environment.
Some experience of studio-based exercise classes is highly recommended.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore,
a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing)
involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
This qualification comprises of 6 mandatory units (24 credits). For detailed information
on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (ETM) Exercise to Music