This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to plan, deliver
and evaluate safe and effective sessions. This qualification will provide entry onto the
Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2 and can be achieved in the context of gym
This qualification is open to all. The course requires physical exertion and individual
participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is
also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved
and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
• Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits.
• Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
(M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits.
• Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is
worth 2 credits.
• Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth
P1 - Gym-based (Credit Value required: Minimum 10, Maximum 10).
• Unit 5 - Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits.
• Unit 6 - Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits.
• Internally Assessed
• Multiple Choice Examination
• Portfolio of Evidence
• Practical Demonstration / Assignment
The Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF) will equip learners to prepare for employment in a specific occupational area. The qualification allows learners to train to a professionally competent level, enabling them to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment. The qualification will provide entry onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 2.
The qualification has been developed for:
• Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as fitness instructors. The Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing enables progression to the Intermediate Exercise and Fitness and Activity Leadership Apprenticeships and the Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness. It
Also provides direct progression to the following:
• Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training QCF).
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training and Business Skills for Fitness Professionals (QCF).
• Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral (QCF) for those who wish to work with special populations.
• Learners may also progress on to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside fitness instructing in a health club environment.
• Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by progressing to other Level 2 qualifications in instructing such as Circuits and Studio Cycling.
Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (QCF)
Contact the team via text/call 07983658575 or Email: email@example.com
L2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing(GYM)
12th & 13th January 2019
19th & 20th January 2019
9th & 10th February 2019
10am - 5pm
23rd & 24th February 2019
Location: iTrain Gym, Birch Lane, Dukinfield, SK16 5AP
Cost: £900.00 inc VAT
Book Your Place
Pay In Full - Click Here
Installments (7 x £141) - Click Here
Book L2 Fitness Instructor & L3 Personal Trainer Courses for ONLY £2600 inc VAT
Terms and conditions: Instalments are charged with 10% interest.The first 3 payments are non returnable as these will be taken as admin fees.Cancellations will incur the above admin fee. Certificates can not be issued until the full balance of the course has been paid. The full balance will be collected before the assessment date therefore if you choose instalments and the end date is after the course we will invoice for the balance and you will need to cancel your direct debit.