Contact the team via text/call 07983658575 or Email: email@example.com
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Instructing Studio Cycling (QCF)
• To train learners, who already have knowledge and skills in fitness instruction, to a professionally competent level to plan and deliver safe and effective group cycling session.
• To broaden the skills of fitness instructors to include instructing studio cycling sessions.
• To develop Learner’s ability to plan and deliver safe and effective studio cycling session.
This qualification provides:
• Progression to the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness (QCF) for learners who wish to develop and demonstrate occupational competence in delivering exercise sessions.
• Alternatively, it provides progression to Level 3 qualifications in Personal Training for learners who wish to further their knowledge and skills and become personal.
• Learners may also progress on to qualifications in related sectors, like Sports Massage, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside fitness instructing in the health club environment exercise.
• Progression to the Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Soft Tissue therapy, where learners will be provided with the knowledge and skills to practice sports massage alongside fitness instructing in the health club environment.
The Active IQ Award in Instructing Studio Cycling is at level 2 on the Qualifications and
Credit Framework. It is also recognised by The Register of Exercise Professionals
(REPs) at level 2, but does not provide access onto the Register. Entry onto the
Register is gained via a recognised level 2 fitness instructing qualification.
• A suitable Level 2 Fitness Instructing qualification, e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in
Fitness Instructing (QCF)
• Some experience of studio cycling is useful.
• The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential;
therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and
writing) involved and Learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at
Qualification Structure and Credit Value
Completion of two mandatory units and achievement of 4 credits.
1) Instructing a Studio Cycling Session (D/503/0108) – this unit is worth 2 credit values.
2) Planning a Studio Cycling Session (R/503/0106) – this unit is worth 2 credit values.
• Internally Assessed
• Portfolio of Evidence
• Practical Demonstration
This qualification is a 2 day course.
• Adults (aged 16+) wishing to pursue a career in the health and fitness sector as a studio cycling instructor.
• Fitness instructors who wish to widen their skills by offering studio cycling sessions.
• Please note that 16 to 18 year-olds may need to be supervised in the workplace, once they have achieved the qualification.