The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding of nutrition for
performance and healthy eating.
There are no specific entry requirements.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing)
involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Learners must complete the one mandatory unit (3 credits). For detailed information on
the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
To provide learners with an understanding of nutrition for performance and healthy eating.
To provide learners with the knowledge to understand:
• the function of food
• the relationship between food and health
• the importance of a balanced diet
• the principles of weight control
• how to promote healthy eating
Learners aged 16+ • Fitness and Activity Instructors • Community Workers • Health Care Professionals
This qualification provides progression on to:
• Fitness and Activity Leader qualifications e.g. Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or the Active IQ Level 2 Award in Leading Health Related Activity Sessions
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well Being
• Other health care qualifications
Level 2 Award in Understanding Nutrition, Performance and Healthy Eating
Dates: Saturday 16th Sept, 9am-5pm.
Location: Mahdlo Oldham, Egerton Street,
Oldham, OL1 3SE
Cost: £162.00 inc VAT
Book Your Place
Pay In Full - Click Here
Contact the team via text/call 07983658575 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org