Contact the team via text/call 07983658575 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Instructing Pilates Matwork
Qualification accreditation number: 600/6982/X
The Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Instructing Pilates Matwork is at Level 4 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
It also provides 16 Continuing Professional Development points for instructors on the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
It does not, however, give instructors access to Level 4 Specialist Instructor status on the REPs.
Guided learning hours: 70
Total qualification time: 130
Minimum credit to be achieved at or above the level of the
• Learners need to hold the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Matwork, or equivalent.
• Learners need to have had a minimum of 6–12 months’ experience in Instructing Pilates Matwork post qualifying at Level 3.
• The course requires physical exertion, and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
• There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at Level 2.
Learners aged 16+.
Qualified Pilates instructors/teachers.
• To provide learners with additional teaching skills, which will enable them to work with a range of clients and small equipment.
• To provide learners with additional knowledge of classical Pilates.
• To provide learners with the opportunities to work with specialist populations.
• To provide learners with additional knowledge and skills to further their Pilates matwork repertoire.
• This qualification provides direct progression onto other specialist qualifications, for example:
o Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise.
o Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
o Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.
• Learners may also progress onto the Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy, where they will be provided with the knowledge and skills needed to practise sports massage.
• Learners may also broaden their knowledge and skills by enrolling onto to Level 2 qualifications in gym, exercise to music and aqua.
Links to National Occupational Standards (NOS)
This qualification has direct links to the NOS in:
• Instructing Exercise and Fitness.
• Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise.
This section outlines the occupational competence requirements for tutoring, assessing and internally verifying Active IQ qualifications.
You can be assured that our tutors have the following qualifications:
All tutors, assessors and internal verifiers must:
• Possess a discipline-specific qualification equivalent to the qualification being taught.
• Have relevant industry experience.
• Demonstrate active involvement in a process of industry-relevant Continuing Professional Development during the last two years (this may be discipline/context-specific or relevant to tutoring assessment or quality assurance).
Tutors must hold, or be working towards, a teaching qualification.
The following are acceptable:
• Level 3 Award in Education and Training.
• Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training.
• Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training.
• Certificate in Education.
Assessors must hold, or be working towards, any of the following:
• Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment.
• Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement.
• Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment.
• Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement.
• A1 (previously D32, D33).
Internal verifiers must hold, or be working towards, any of the following:
• Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
• Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
• Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice.
• V1 (previously D34).
All new assessors and quality assurance staff must be given a clear action plan for achieving the appropriate qualification(s) and should be countersigned by an appropriately qualified individual until the qualification(s) are achieved.
Learners must complete all three mandatory units (eleven credits), a minimum of one unit from Group A (minimum of three credits) and a further four credits from any of the optional groups (Group A, B, or C).
A total of 18 credits must be achieved for the full qualification; a minimum of 11 credits must be achieved at Level 4.
Learners must complete all three mandatory units (eleven credits).
1. Movement assessment and analysis
T/504/3544 Level 4, 6 credits
2. Understanding how to progress and prepare for classical Pilates matwork
A/504/3545 Level 4, 2 credits
3. Understanding modes of progression and regression in a Pilates environment
D/504/3554 Level 4, 3 credits
Group A – special populations(**Trained Academy have selected the unit highlighted)
Learners must select a minimum of one special population group (minimum of three credits).
Please note that units 4 and 5 must be taken together, units 6 and 7 must be taken together and units 8 and 9 must be taken together.
4. Physical activity and health considerations for the pre- and post-natal client
K/600/2595 Level 3, 2 credits
5. Design and implement exercise programmes for the pre- and post-natal client
M/600/2596 Level 3, 3 credits
6. Physical activity and health considerations for the older adult
H/504/3555 Level 3, 3 credits
7. Designing and adapting exercise programmes for the older adult
K/504/3556 Level 3, 3 credits
8. Planning health-related exercise and physical activity for children
A/600/9048 Level 2, 3 credits
9. Instructing health-related exercise and physical activity for children
T/600/9050 Level 2, 6 credits
10**. Understanding physical activity and its impact on bone health
M/504/3557 Level 3, 3 credits
Group B – repertoire(**Trained Academy have selected the units highlighted)
11. Teaching adaptations and progressions of classical Pilates matwork
T/504/3558 3 credits, Level 4
12. Choreographic adaptations for Pilates matwork
A/504/3559 2 credits, Level 3
13**. Adaptations to mat-based Pilates utilising a standing position
M/504/3560 2 credits, Level 3
14**. Adapting a mat-based Pilates session using small equipment
T/504/3561, 2 credits, Level 3
Group C – client-specific
15. Adapting a physical activity programme for the needs of a specific sport/discipline
A/504/3562 4 credits, Level 3
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Instructing Pilates Matwork
Course Dates & Payment Options
31st July 1st & 2nd August
14th, 15th, 16th, August
6 days, £1250 with a printed portfolio.
The Pilates Studio, 59 Surrey St, Glossop SK13 7AJ
Only 10x places, reserve yours with a £100 deposit.