The Active IQ Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness is at Level 2 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework(RQF).
There are no specific entry requirements.
Qualification Structure and Credit Value
• Learners aged 16+.
• Learners wishing to improve their knowledge and awareness of mental health and mental health firstaid.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health,common mental health disorders and issues, help reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage peopleto talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to applytheir knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health inthemselves and others and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
• Related Level 2 and/or Level 3 qualifications, for example:
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Alcohol Awareness
• Active IQ Level 2 Award in Smoking Awareness and Cessation
• Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Promoting Community Health and Well-being
This qualification may also provide progression on to qualifications related to careers in mental health, healthand social care, counselling, or psychology.
Links to National Occupational Standards
There are links to:
• Support others to promote understanding and help to improve people’s mental health. (SFHMH90)
• Identify potential mental health needs and related issues. (SFHMH14)
• Enable people to recover from distressing mental health experiences. (SFHMH94)
• Support people with mental health needs in crisis situations. (SFHMH21)
• Deliver, review and adapt supervised exercise referral programmes for medium-high risk participants.
Learners MUST complete the 2 mandatory units:
1. Mental Health Awareness : D/617/3070, Level 2, GLH 10, TQT 10
2. Mental Health First Aid : H/617/3071, Level 2, GLH 5, TQT 10
Active IQ Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness
Qualification accreditation number: 603/3794/1
Contact the team via text/call 07983658575 or Email: email@example.com
You will be given access to online content and will be assessed via an online exam and case studies to check that learning has taken place on the course. If you can’t attend our face to face courses please ask us about doing the full course online via elearning.
Mental Health Course Dates
25th and 26th April 2020
Venue TBC (Manchester Based)
Book Your Place
Installments(3 x £120) - Click Here
Pay In Full - Click Here
Terms and conditions: Installments are charged with 10% interest.The first 3 payments are non returnable as these will be taken as admin fees.Cancellations will incur the above admin fee. Certificates can not be issued until the full balance of the course has been paid. The full balance will be collected before the assessment date therefore if you choose instalments and the end date is after the course we will invoice for the balance and you will need to cancel your direct debit.