6th & 7th April 2019
Location: @The Pilates Studio, The Old Saw Mills, Surrey St, Glossop. SK13 7AJ
Cost: £325.00 inc VAT
Book Your Place
Pay In Full - Click Here
Installments (3 x £120.00) - Click Here
Terms and conditions: Instalments are charged with 10% interest.The first 3 payments are non returnable as these will be taken as admin fees.Cancellations will incur the above admin fee. Certificates can not be issued until the full balance of the course has been paid. The full balance will be collected before the assessment date therefore if you choose instalments and the end date is after the course we will invoice for the balance and you will need to cancel your direct debit.
Contact the team via text/call 07983658575 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults
The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to design
and adapt programmes to meet the needs of older adults.
Learners must hold a Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or one of the qualifications
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
This qualifications comprises of 2 mandatory units (6 credits). For detailed information
on the qualification structure download the Qualification Guidance.
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to:
design and adapt programmes to meet the needs of older adults.
To provide learners with the knowledge to:
- Understand the effects of ageing on the UK population
- Understand the physiological and biomechanical changes associated with ageing and
their implications for physical activity
- Understand the medical conditions commonly associated with old age and their
implications for physical activity
- Understand the key considerations for older adults participating in physical activity
- Understand the communication skills required to engage with older adults
- Understand the principles of collecting information to plan a physical activity programme
for the older adult
- Understand how to identify goals with older adults
- Understand how to plan a physical activity programme for the older adult
- Understand the teaching and instructing skills required when working with older adults
- Be able to plan a physical activity programme for the older adult
- Understand how to adapt exercise to meet the needs of older adults
Exercise Referral Instructors
This qualification provides progression on to:
Active IQ Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Pre and Post Natal Exercise Programmes.
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
Active IQ Level 4 Certificate In Physical Activity and Weight Management for Obese and Diabetic Clients.